IN-STORE SHOPPING AND CLICK & COLLECT UPDATE:
Status of AusPost
The continuing restrictions and very high parcel volumes are impacting delivery timeframes, with all areas experiencing significant delays (up to 3 weeks in VIC & NSW).
Please visit the Australia Post website for the latest update, and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
|ACT||All stores closed|
|NSW||All stores open* except Red Yard|
|QLD||All stores open|
|SA||All stores open|
|TAS||All stores open|
All other stores closed
|WA||All stores open|
*Please follow current state government rules in regards to entry into retail businesses. If you are unable to access non-critical under the restrictions, please call your chosen store prior to arrival to arrange contactless pick up.
Can I still shop in store?
- See above for all our stores that are open.
Can I still shop online?
- Yes, you can shop online and we will deliver to your home.
How long does the delivery take?
- Check out AusPost estimated delivery times here.
Do I get free shipping on my order?
- You currently get free shipping on orders over $50.
I have done a recent Click and Collect order to a store, can I go and collect it?
- If the store is closed then this includes Contactless Click+Collect. Please contact Customer Service to look into getting your order to you.
I want to exchange my order, how do I do this?
- For online orders, you can either wait for our stores to open, or you can post it back to our warehouse for a refund and repurchase the correct size that you are after.
- For in store purchases, you can either wait for our stores to open, or contact Customer Services to look into sorting you out.
Any other questions?
Status of Kathmandu Australia distribution centre
No delays, but it is based in Metro Melbourne where there are significant delays occurring.
Our store COVID policy
All stores trade with additional safety measures in place. These are:
S.T.A.N.D strong against COVID
Sanitise hands and surfaces – customer must use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the store
Temperature checks for team members at the beginning of each shift
Any cold or flu symptoms – team members must stay home and get COVID tested
No touching your face – fastest way for the virus to spread
Distancing – team members will keep a distance of 1.5 metres. The use of masks is currently mandatory for both customers and team members in Metropolitan Melbourne stores.